We hear from parents all the time who want their teenager to use an aluminum-free deodorant, but they are worried it won’t provide enough protection for an active teenager who is always on-the-go.
Natural deodorant and clean ingredients can be a confusing topic to navigate, therefore we’ve collected the most common questions we receive from parents of teenagers so you can feel educated and confident in your decision for your teen to ‘go natural’:
1. Should my teen use antiperspirant or deodorant? These terms are often used interchangeably, but there are differences you may want to consider before purchasing one or the other for your teen. Antiperspirants work to reduce both sweat and odor from your underarms by aluminum plugging the sweat duct. On the other hand, deodorants help to reduce only odor by helping to reduce odor-causing bacteria on top of the skin.
While antiperspirant is effective at stopping sweat, parents are often concerned about potentially harmful side effects from aluminum and other ingredients used in antiperspirants. Therefore, you may want to consider a natural deodorant like Each & Every that is aluminum-free, paraben-free, free of baking soda, and contains no synthetic fragrance.
2. My teen sweats, a lot! So natural deodorants won’t stop his/her sweat? Sweat is good! It cools the body, hydrates skin, and can protect you from infection. However, we know it can be embarrassing, especially for a teen, to experience sweating. Deodorants do contain absorbent ingredients to keep your teen feeling dry, such as activated charcoal powder, arrowroot and baking soda, mineral salts, and more.
Each & Every uses tapioca starch to help keep you feeling dry, so your teen can be worry-free!
3. My teen has sensitive skin, are all natural deodorants designed for sensitive skin? Natural deodorants all contain different ingredients so it’s important to read the label to understand what’s included. If your teen has sensitive skin you may want to avoid deodorants with baking soda. Baking soda can cause skin irritation due to the acidity of your skin combined with the alkaline nature of baking soda.
We decided to avoid baking soda when designing Each & Every. We’re proud that we created a formula with safe, gentle ingredients that have staying power. We also have a fragrance free option for those who are sensitive to fragrance.
4. My teen is very active, will a natural deodorant cover up his/her stink? Natural deodorants do help to reduce odor. Many natural deodorants use baking soda to do so, which as explained above, may also cause irritation.
Each & Every uses magnesium hydroxide (dead sea salt), which works very similarly to baking soda, creating a high pH environment that is hostile for bacteria growth. The great thing about dead sea salt is that it is not as water soluble, so when your teen sweats it slowly changes the pH of the skin to give it time to adjust and not get irritated. It also then lasts a lot longer through this slow release mechanism – more like your teen is pacing for a marathon than a sprint to keep him/her protected all day.
5. What are the best Each & Every scents for teens? You can’t go wrong with any scent selection, however our most popular scents for teens are Coconut & Lime, Cedar & Vanilla, Rose & Vanilla, and Lavender & Lemon.
Finding the right deodorant for your teen may take a while, as what’s right for one teen may not work for another. Each & Every deodorants are designed with sensitive skin in mind, contain fewer ingredients, and will keep your teen fresh and odor-free. With this deodorant you can rest assured your teen is using a safe, simple and effective deodorant that will give them the confidence to carry out their daily routine, odor-free. Best of all, we have a money-back guarantee, so if E&E doesn’t work for your teen, we’ll give you your money back. Buy E&E with confidence today!